Staying cool is not always the easiest in Charleston and the last week has been no exception. Charleston residents know how to deal with the heat in the best fashion, by enjoying the water or indoor, air-conditioned activities on hot summer days. Then, we head out after the sun goes down.
Museums & Education
Museums – Charleston’s rich history is on display through our many air-conditioned museums. A few of our favorites are:
Aquarium – Head to the South Carolina Aquarium for a family-friendly journey through 60 unique habitats from turkeys and otters to turtles and the 385,000-gallon great ocean tank.
The Sanctuary Spa at Kiawah – After a few days walking around museums or shopping you may need to unwind. Get pampered with spa services on gorgeous, private Kiawah Resort.
- Cinebarre – Eat and drink (yes, there is alcohol) during your movie at Cinebarre!
- Citadel Mall – IMAX, 3D, or regular movies
- Terrace Theater – Fun, unique theater that shows a mix of independent and popular movies, with beer & wine available.
More Active Activities
- The Alley – Bowling, huge arcade, and amazing food
- SkyZone – Indoor trampoline park (they even have adult sports leagues — think trampoline dodgeball!)
- Coastal Climbing – Indoor climbing wall and fitness
- Ice Palace – Ice skating all year-round
Once the sun goes down, Charleston comes alive! We visit our favorite restaurants and bars, stroll along the Battery, or go on late-night ghost tours without worrying about the heat.
Moving To Charleston?
Get in touch with the Charleston real estate experts at the Block. We can help you sort through the diverse Charleston neighborhoods and find your best fit in your new town, close to the best indoor, air conditioned activities. We will show you the real Charleston and make sure you know what neighborhoods and styles are perfect for you. Get in touch with us online or call us now at (843)884-1622.
Leave a Comment
- Top Charleston Neighborhoods
- Best Charleston Golf Courses